Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ouch!!! She took one for the team!

We are so proud of her accomplishments, and when she told us she was going to be running hurdles and the long jump I was still happy, but YIKES!!!!  Each time she runs over a hurdle I hold my breath...and this is why.......................



They got the best of her today!  Luckily it was cold outside and she was wearing her sweatshirt or the rest of her would look the same as her face.  Tim called me in class tonight and said to stop by Target on my way home to get gauze pads and the biggest band-aids I could find.  I asked, "What did you do?"  Then he broke the news gently to me..."but she is OK!"  And of course she wants to be ready to run in this Saturday's track meet.  We will see!

4 comments:

  1. Youch! Poor Taylor. Glad she's "okay".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowza! That makes MY face hurt!!!!! Only Taylor could pull off a black eye and still be gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Maybe I have a warped perspective on this but I have to think that this experience can only serve to make Taylor a better athlete. There's a little more motivation now to jump with more precision. There's a trace of fear inside now that forces you to focus, respect. What a demanding event this is, and she looks like she took it like a champ. Lessons learned that can only put her one step ahead of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor, I just looked at this after talking with your Mom! Glad you are better and that all went well! You even went to your track meet today! We are so proud of you! Be CAREFUL! HANVE FUN!!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete